100% Organic Honey Fir Tree. It has the lowest sugar content compared to all other honey and rich nutritional value due to its high trace content.
CATEGORY: Melitoma (collecting honey-like secretions of the fir tree which are exploitable by bees)
COLOR: Dark amber blonde color
TEA: Soft, sweet taste due to low natural sugars, with caramel notes
AROMA: Mild aroma of fir
CRYSTALLIZATION: Due to its low natural sugar content, Elat honey does NOT crystallize at all and is the only one with this property among the other varieties of honey.
We produce Certified Organic Honey from Mount Elafonis, at an altitude> 1000m. which is dominated by the forest of Kefalonia fir. This honey is not harvested by flowers but by the honey produced by the microorganisms on the fir tree. Our bees collect the honey from the fir trees and produce a honey very viscous with a characteristic reddish color.
We produce the Organic honey by the centrifugation of the honeycombs and our honey has not undergone any heat treatment. That’s why it keeps all its components unaltered.
It has the lowest sugar content and hence the fewer calories than other honey
PLEASURE IN TRACKS
High content of phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron.
A lively, multi-layered and peculiar taste and reminiscent of caramel notes. Unique in Greece and worldwide.
- Characterized for the presence of metal salts (phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron) in larger quantities compared to other types of honey.
- Due to its soft but rich texture and its nutrients, it has beneficial properties for the stomach and is recommended to relieve stomachache
- It has an antiseptic effect on the respiratory system, and also acts against oral malodour
- Due to low sugars (lower than the other honey) it is recommended for a balanced low calorie diet and in small doses it can be used by diabetics
- Positive action in reducing obesity, accelerating metabolism and covering the feeling of sweetness (serotonin-daily dose of happiness) in the diet.